Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Katya the Foodie (not!!)

So, we come home from school (daycare, to be precise). As is her wont, Katya had her requests lined up:

"Appa, may I watch TV?"

Appa (how can I let your mind starve for the whole day without your TV, my child?): "Sure"

"Appa, may I have a brownie?"

Appa (how can I let your stomach starve in the evening, my child?): "Su ... Oh, waitaminute! Finish the 2/2 waffle from this morning that you did (could) not finish before you had to rush to school!"

Katya (five minutes later): "Appa, I am done. Now may I have the brownie?"

Appa (good job - you've finished your breakfast, my child!): "OK ... Ooooh, waitaminute!" (memories of uneaten lunches past come flooding to the father, who has to listen to a daily tantrum that child throws at mother in defence of those uneaten lunches) "Did you finish your lunch?"

Katya: "Ummmm ... No."

Appa (glad at having staved off tantrum of the day): "Eat that first then!"

She's finished her breakfast (finally); now I am now waiting for her to finish her lunch, so I can approve the snack (brownie).

Note: The above sequence of events would've been impossible without the catalyst in the background (the TV, of course).

Update: She is only halfway through lunch ... and has quit for the time being. :-(

No comments: