Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tales of Katya - 1

Like 0.01% of all kids (but 99.99% of all desi ones), Katya is notorious for not finishing her food at lunch time. Various tried and tested methods - especially those that worked with Baab - fail miserably with Katya. Scenes like the following are normal:

Mom: Katya, why didn't you eat your lunch?
Katya: Because lunch time was over!

M: How about the olives?
K: Uh uh. (followed in a high-pitched whine) You didn't put chocolate milk for me.

M: Only if you finish your lunch. You've got to finish today's lunch at home before you can have anything else.
K (on reaching home): I want a <a href="http://www2.kelloggs.com/brand/brand.aspx?brand=202&amp;cat=poptarts">pop-tart</a>.

M: Only after you finish your lunch.

After a few minutes ...

K (to me): Can I watch TV?
I (can-ning my obvious response - You can, but you may not - which would obviously serve no useful purpose): OK, go ahead.

After a few more minutes ...

I (hoping I have earned enough good-parent credits): Katya, how about a hug for me?
K: Only after I finish my lunch!!

My face = a <a href="http://www.priceless.com/us/personal/en/index.html">mastercard moment</a>!

No comments: